- What should I do if I have a problem with a part?
If you have a problem with a part, please return the part with a completed returns form clearly stating what the issue is, and the tech team will look into your issue. You must complete the form and include your order number. We have a large range of tech documents available to help you service your part, as most issues can be rectified by basic maintenance. If you can't find what you're looking for, drop us an email.
- How do I return something?
If you would like to return a part for any reason please send the part back with a completed returns form clearly stating what you would like to happen. You must state your order number on the form and complete it fully. We accept returns for a refund or exchange up to 14 days after receipt, as long as they are in as new and resalable condition.(exclusions apply). Please read the returns section in T&Cs fully
- Why are your parts so cheap? Can I trust them?
As Superstar Components only sells direct to the customer there are no extra layers of costs to bump up the price. To give you peace of mind we back up all our items with a two year warranty and a huge stock of spares to keep your investment running smoothly.
The traditional bike industry model, each layer requires a profit slice increasing the sale price:
The majority of our parts are manufactured inhouse in the UK in our specialist CNC machining factory. So it is literally from factory to you direct!
- Where are your parts made?
We have set up a high tech CNC manufacturing facility inhouse in Lincoln - UK to bring the majority of our production home to the UK.We manufacture some other components in specialist factories around the world, where we cannot do it inhouse. Our spokes are made by Sapim in Belgium and we build all of our wheelsets in our own facility in Lincoln - UK on the best wheelbuilding equipment available.
Approximately 90% of products by value are machined or built in the UK currently. A figure which continues to get higher!
- Are your wheels hand built?
Possibly the most contentious statement in the industry. Superstar Components have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in the most advanced wheelbuilding equipment in the world, with custom features which were designed and built for us first. With this we can consistently build wheels which are better than the best hand builders every time, built with perfect tension, zero spoke twist and trued to within 0.2mm.
Every hub is laced by hand, and checked by hand. Often this is enough for many brands to claim they are "hand built" when they are infact built on the same machines we use. We see no point in trying to mislead, so yes they are built on the best robot available but it passes through several careful hands in the process.
- What warranty do you offer?
All Superstar brand parts come with a 2 year warranty unless clearly stated. The warranty covers manufacturing and material faults and is in addition to your statutory rights. On top of this we have several policies which place us far ahead of the competition:
- Brake pad 45 day trial: we are so confident in the quality of our pads that you can return them after you have tried them for a full refund if you'renot 100% happy within 45 days. No quibble, no fuss.
- Free truing for life: if you need your wheels tweaking just send them back with a returns form for a free true. We will post them back out to you free of charge. - Superstar Basics Wheels are excluded from this service due to extremely competitive pricing.
- Crash rebuild prices: if you ding your wheels and need a rebuild, the cost to you is just a new rim - the spokes, nipples, labour and return postage are all free of charge. - Superstar Basics Wheels are excluded from this service due to extremely competitive pricing.
- Superstar Basics Wheel bearings are excluded from any warranty. We use standard quality bearings which can easily be replaced as they wear out. Sure they are nowhere near as good as our standard fit SKF bearings but you need to accept this as the reason for the extremely low price of the product. If your not happy with accepting this please order our standard wheelsets with the best quality bearings available SKF!
- What is excluded from warranties?
Parts are not indestructible so there are a few things to consider:
Warranties and policies only apply to the original owner with proof of purchase.
Abuse, crash damage, contamination of bearings, installation errors, modification, wear and tear, lack of maintenance, 3rd party work and incidental costs are not covered by the warranty.
For full details please read our terms and condition and warranty information.